Values in Action
Responsibility at the Port of Seattle includes sustainable job creation and industrial development, ethical employment practices, partnering with local and small businesses, providing an environment of inclusion and developing opportunities for veterans. Our organization strives to exceed ISO 26000 guidance on social responsibility and we weave these principles into everything we do.
|The Port of Seattle is a public agency that creates jobs by advancing trade and commerce, promoting industrial growth, and stimulating economic development.
||Over the next 25 years we will add 100,000 jobs through economic growth led by the Port of Seattle, for a total of 300,000 port-related jobs in the region, while reducing our environmental footprint.|
- We conduct business with the highest ethical standards.
- We honor our commitments to one another, the community, and our customers.
- We are capable, high-performing people who appreciate the privilege of public service.
- We embrace the richness of a diverse workplace and support employee development.
- We are responsible stewards of community resources and the environment.
Office of Social Responsibility
|We work together with community members, local businesses and make job creation and economic development top priorities. Learn more.
||Doing what's right. That's how we uphold the public's trust and maintain the highest standards of business conduct. Read about our commitment to ethics.|
Veterans Fellowship Program
|Learn how we're helping newly-separated veterans transition into the civilian workforce. We're the proud recipient of the Freedom Award.
||We see diversity as a source of possibility and strength. Our programs reach into every aspect of our operations. |