Sea-Tac Airport is as busy as ever
Allow extra time to navigate through the process of getting to your gate
Sea-Tac Airport is experiencing unprecedented passenger growth. We are working closely with our service partners at TSA to ensure a safe, seamless travel experience for all passengers while meeting TSA’s requirement to ensure safety for the flying public.
Insider tips and tricks
The following insider info and tips will help expedite your next trip through Sea-Tac Airport:
- Arrive Early! Travelers are encouraged to arrive a minimum of two hours before domestic and three hours for international flights – give yourself time to park, check-in and get through security. Additionally, if you’re checking bags, add some extra time on top of it. It’s always better to be early.
- Peak hours can mean TSA checkpoints may be longer, so please plan accordingly.
- The busiest times at TSA checkpoints typically are between 5 -11 a.m., while increased flights during the evening create another busy period between 7-9 p.m.
- Thursday and Fridays are the busiest days during the week.
- Pack Safe: know before you travel what items are and aren’t allowed in carry-ons and checked bags.
- Print boarding passes ahead of time or use self-serve kiosks at ticketing.
- Travelers can reach their gates from any TSA security checkpoint. The central checkpoint is open 24/7.
- Empty liquids before you get into TSA lines.
- At security checkpoints, have your boarding pass and ID ready and remove laptops from their bags ahead of time.
- Sign up for Trusted Traveler programs such as Pre-Check or Global Entry. These programs allow approved travelers to take specific designated lines for quicker service through checkpoints.
News and updates
Read more news releases here.
Pack with security in mind
What is and isn't allowed in carry-ons and checked bags. Read the
Tips from TSA and FAA here.