TSA PreCheck enrollment now available at Sea-Tac
You can enroll for TSA PreCheck before your next flight right here. An enrollment center is located on the Ticketing level, near the Alaska Airlines counter. Make sure you have an ID or passport with you. Make your visit even quicker by applying online, here.
Other options to get through the line faster
- Global Entry gives all the benefits of domestic TSA PreCheck plus expedited clearance for international travelers entering the U.S.
- New to Sea-Tac, Clear is another option that uses biometric technology to bypass the ID check station.
Look for these friendly folks to help you navigate to your gate
Sea-Tac is bustling!
Insider tips and tricks
The following insider info and tips will help expedite your next trip through Sea-Tac Airport:
- Arrive Early! Travelers are encouraged to arrive a minimum of two hours before domestic and three hours for international flights – give yourself time to park, check-in and get through security. Additionally, if you’re checking bags, add some extra time on top of it. It’s always better to be early.
- Peak hours can mean TSA checkpoints may be longer, so please plan accordingly.
- The busiest times at TSA checkpoints typically are between 5 -11 a.m., while increased flights during the evening create another busy period between 7-9 p.m.
- Thursday and Fridays are the busiest days during the week while Tuesday and Wednesday are least traveled.
- Pack Safe: know before you travel what items are and aren’t allowed in carry-ons and checked bags.
- Print boarding passes ahead of time or use self-serve kiosks at ticketing.
- Travelers can reach their gates from any TSA security checkpoint. The central checkpoint is open 24/7.
- Empty liquids before you get into TSA lines.
- At security checkpoints, have your boarding pass and ID ready and remove laptops from their bags ahead of time.
- Sign up for Trusted Traveler programs such as Pre-Check or Global Entry. These programs allow approved travelers to take specific designated lines for quicker service through checkpoints. Clear is another option that uses biometric technology to bypass the ID check station.
News and updates
View entire press release list here.
Pack with security in mind
What is and isn't allowed in carry-ons and checked bags. Read the
Tips from TSA and FAA here.