Some airlines do offer curbside check-in during peak periods. Travelers should check directly with their carrier
about check-in services. There is no parking or waiting allowed on the airport drives. Vehicles left unattended, even if the driver is nearby, will be ticketed and towed. A good alternative to loading and unloading on the drives is to use the Airport Garage
All elevators in the Main Terminal, Satellites and Parking Garage have Braille and raised numerals inside. Additionally, all elevators have lowered control panels, floor-passing gongs, raised call buttons, Braille on the doorjambs and directional arrows in the elevator lobbies.
Security procedures at airports affect everyone. Travelers with special needs - whether it's a child traveling alone or a traveler with a disability - should do some advance planning and strategizing.
- Parking for travelers with disabilities is available on either the fourth floor (Terminal Direct Parking) or fifth floor (General Parking) of the airport parking garage
- Lines at security checkpoints can be very long. Travelers who have problems standing for long periods may want to arrange for wheelchair service via their airlines. Rental wheelchairs and baby strollers also are available in the airport from Ken's Baggage and Frozen Food Storage. Ken's is located on the Baggage Claim level under the escalator bank between carousels 12 and 13. Call them at 206 433-5333 for more information.
- Only ticketed passengers are allowed past security checkpoints. However, many airlines are issuing special "companion passes" to non-travelers assisting travelers with disabilities or children traveling alone that allow them to accompany passengers with special needs to the gates. Travelers should check directly with the airlines they are traveling on to see what options are available.
- Extra time at the airport is a must. Travelers should take into account the additional time needed to get from the relocated parking areas for travelers with disabilities as well as the longer waits at both ticket counters and security check points.
- If you have any medical devices, such as syringes or special apparatus that might be questioned at the security checkpoint, you should check with your airline in advance of the flight to confirm requirements. Under FAA regulations, diabetics who need to fly with syringes or insulin delivery systems should carry a vial of insulin with a professional, pharmaceutical preprinted label which clearly identifies the medication. Because of the possibility of forgery, prescriptions and letters of medical necessity will not be accepted.
To accommodate wheelchair users, most restrooms have larger stalls, grab bars and lower accessories, such as sinks, paper towel dispensers and mirrors.
Large, private restrooms are available to any adults who require assistance as well as parents traveling with small children. You'll find these restrooms on both the Ticketing and Baggage Claim levels of the Main Terminal as well as on concourses A, B, C, and D, and in the North and South Satellite.
Drinking fountains have been lowered.
There are two areas outside the Main Terminal that are equipped to serve as "pet potties" for traveling animals. The two areas are located outside of Baggage Claim on both the north and south ends.
The north area is outside of door #26, just past Carousel 16. It is a small sandy area to the left under the stairs. On the south end of Baggage Claim (outside door #00) there is a large grassy area at the end of the parking lot that is also equipped with bags for cleanup. Inside Area:
There is s pet relief area in the Main Terminal, behind security, for assistance dogs who are traveling with their owners. It is located in Concourse C
Accessible phones are located in the Main Terminal, on every concourse and in both satellites.
There are TDD phones for the hearing impaired throughout the airport.
|Ticketing Level, Main Terminal
||In front of United ticket counter (one TDD phone in four-phone bank) |
South Esplanade (one TDD phone is sit-down phone bank)
|Baggage Claim, Main Terminal
||Under escalator at carousels 6 and 7 (one TDD phone in two-phone bank)|
||Gate B3 (one TDD phone in six-phone bank) |
Gate B11 (one TDD phone in six-phone bank)
||Gate C14 (one TDD phone in six-phone bank)|
||Gate D1 (wall phone) |
Gate D8 (one TDD phone in six-phone bank)
||Gates N8 (one TDD phone in six-phone bank) |
Gates 2/3 (one TDD phone in six-phone bank)
||Third floor (one TDD phone in six-phone bank)|
To your ticket counter from Link Light Rail, Rental Car Drop off or Parking Garage
: Travelers must contact Prospect at (206) 246-1550 to make a reservation prior to your arrival at the airport.From your ticket counter to your departure gate
: Travelers must contact their airline
directly to make a reservation prior to your arrival at the airport.From your Arrival gate to Baggage Claim
: Travelers must contact their airline
directly to make a reservation prior to your arrival at the airport.