The airport is fully equipped with special access facilities to provide all travelers – as well as meeters, greeters and airport employees – with a safe, convenient means of getting around. Please read our accessibility page
for more information and visit TSA's website
Avoiding congestion on the airport departures and arrivals drives
Use Web Check-in. Most airlines offer it. You can print your boarding pass at home; if you don't have luggage to check you can bypass the ticket counter completely and go straight through the security checkpoint and your gate.
Check the status
of your flight online
Give yourself the gift of time.
Get to the airport at least two hours before your domestic flight, 3 hours for international. Note: Due to heightened security some airlines are asking international travelers to allow extra time at the airport. Check directly with your carrier.
Check-in options THINK OPPOSITE!
Pickup on the departure drive (upper level), drop-off on the arrivals drive (lower level). If traffic is congested, look for the opposite airport drive for relief. Try meeting your arriving guests one level up from baggage claim at the less-crowded departure drive. Those with only carry-ons can go straight out the ticketing level.
For drop-offs, reverse it. Go to the arrivals drive and travelers only have to go up one level to ticketing. Remember, the busiest periods are mornings for departures and evenings for arrivals. Don’t get stuck in traffic!
– Park on the Terminal Direct
floor of the airport parking garage, the quickest and most convenient option for meeting passengers in the terminal, and pay just $4 per hour. Or use any other floor for $3 per hour.Try the Cell phone waiting lot
– Our cell phone lot is located just south of S. 170th Street exit from the Airport Expressway. The lot has a capacity of 200 spaces specifically designed for easier circulation, along with better lighting, and free WiFi. Parking is free as long as drivers remain in their vehicle and can wait up to 20 minutes. Take advantage of the posted QR code to scan for the most recent flight arrival information. (Remember, there is no parking or waiting allowed on the airport roadway shoulders).There is no parking or waiting allowed on the airport roadway shoulders.
Eat in the terminal
Shortening your time in airline ticket counter lines is always a great strategy. New technology offers two alternatives for travelers.
Checking In for Flights in Sea-Tac's Garage or at ticketing.
Travelers on seven airlines – Alaska Airlines / Horizon Air, Delta Air Lines, Continental, American, United, Hawaiian, and Korean Airlines - can check in and print their boarding pass from kiosks located at entrances to Skybridges 2 through 6.
from the garage and on the ticketing level in the terminal.
The quick check-in kiosks enable travelers to print their boarding passes and bag check tags at the check-in kiosks. Passengers with only carry-on baggage then proceed directly to the security checkpoint.
Passengers with luggage to check proceed to one of the bag-check points, where customer service employees accept bags with tags printed by the passenger.
Dine at the airport or grab some take-out for the trip. The options are delicious. Check out our dining and retail
the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Mobile Passport Control App
to expedite entry into the United States and help speed you through Customs.Sign-up for Global Entry
– frequent international travelers can significantly speed up their clearance process through U.S. Customs and Border Protection by enrolling in Global Entry. This is an expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. A five-year membership is only $100. Visit the Global Entry website for more information.International travelers can take advantage
of numerous Automated Passport Control
and Global Entry
Park in the Airport Garage
. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, Seattle-Tacoma International Airport's onsite parking garage offers the closest, most convenient airport parking for your needs and budget. With more than 13,000 spaces available for both short- and long-term parking, the Sea-Tac Airport garage offers a wide range of affordable parking options for business and leisure travelers.
You'll also notice there's an airport garage floor count system to take the guess work out of finding available parking. Remember to note where you've parked (space number and elevator color).Parking Coupons
– Discount parking coupons are available here
. You also may wish to take advantage of special, reduced weekly rate. Keep in mind, prices include all taxes and there are no added charges or fees.
- Confirm your travel details.
- Make sure that the name on your boarding pass and your government-issued ID match. This is a TSA requiremnet. So when you confirm your flight, make sure the name on your airline reservation matches whatever I.D. you plan to use (driver's license or passport, for example).
- Ask about baggage policies for your airline: How many bags are allowed; what the fees are; and what are the size and weight restrictions.
A number of public transit options are available, including Link Light Rail, which gives travelers a quick, inexpensive and environmentally friendly way to travel from downtown to the airport. Check out all the public transit options
Traveling with kids
Security checkpoints at Sea-Tac are managed by the Transportation Security Administration
(TSA). There are four main checkpoints at Sea-Tac and a fifth that is opened as needed or as staffing allows.
Travelers can reach their gates from any checkpoint. If one line looks formidable and you are able, check other lines. The central checkpoint is open 24/7.
Security Checkpoint #1 is open for limited hours for cruise passengers only. Passengers should be prepared to present their cruise card.
More information on the use of full body scanners is available on the TSA's website
and you may read the Security
page for more detail.Insider tips and tricks
The info and tips at the top of the page will help expedite your next trip through Sea-Tac Airport.
Sea-Tac's kids area is between Concourse A
and the Central Terminal
, across from Seattle Taproom. It's a fun-filled place to let children play before the flight.
In addition, there is a Mothers' Room located inside the kid's play room. It offers a quiet, private space where moms can nurse, pump and spend extra time in rocking chairs with their babies. The room has adjustable lighting, several rocking chairs, foot stools, electrical outlets and side tables.
Military families can also access the Mothers' Room in the USO located on the mezzanine level of the Main Terminal.
Need more info on traveling with kids? Check out our Traveling with Kids
page and/or TSA's tips