Sea-Tac Airport Community Partnerships
The Community Partnerships Department at Sea-Tac Airport was launched to consolidate work and programs connected to the local airport communities under the umbrella of one department. For any airport project or issue with implications for the airport communities, staff within the Community Partnerships Department acts as the primary liaison between the community and the Port of Seattle.
Core Outreach Initiatives:
- Airport Noise Programs – Part of the Community Partnerships Department, the airport’s Noise Programs Office works closely with the FAA, the airlines and the local communities to monitor existing noise programs and develop new ways of reducing airport and aircraft noise
- Inter-local Agreement (ILA) with City of SeaTac – The ILA clarifies jurisdictional issues surrounding land uses, zoning, permitting, etc. on airport property within the City of SeaTac.
- Highline Forum – Comprised of the port, the airport cities and the Highline School District, the members meet every other month to share information and collaborate on matters of mutual interest.
- Property Development – The port works with local cities on development strategies for vacant off airfield property.
- Economic Development – The port is a member of the Southwest King County Economic Development Initiative (SKCEDI) and the Southwest King County Chamber of Commerce working closely with the members of each group on efforts designed to enhance the region’s economic vitality.
- Educational Initiatives – The port partners with the local education community on initiatives that take advantage of the numerous educational opportunities at the airport.