Our Vision: 100,000 new jobs
Over the next 25 years, the Port of Seattle will add 100,000 jobs through economic growth led by the Port of Seattle, for a total of 300,000 port-related jobs in the region, while reducing our environmental footprint.
Mission, Vision, Commitment
- Strengthen access to global markets and supply chains for Northwest businesses.
- Make Washington a preferred destination for international travelers from countries with which we have direct flights.
- Establish an educational consortium to serve the needs of the maritime industry for workforce development, applied research, and business growth.
- Foster a coordinated effort among Puget Sound ports in support of Washington state’s pursuit of a healthier Puget Sound.
Mission, Vision, Commitment
- Our Mission: The Port of Seattle is a public agency that creates jobs by advancing trade and commerce, promoting industrial growth, and stimulating economic development.
- Our Vision: Over the next 25 years, we will add 100,000 jobs through economic growth led by the Port of Seattle, for a total of 300,000 Port-related jobs in the region, while reducing our environmental footprint.
- Our Commitment: The Port of Seattle creates economic opportunity for all, stewards our environment responsibly, partners with surrounding communities, promotes social responsibility, conducts ourselves transparently, and holds ourselves accountable. We will leave succeeding generations a stronger Port.
Position the Puget Sound region as a premier international logistics hub
- Grow seaport annual container volume to more than 3.5 million TEUs.
- Structure our relationship with Washington ports to optimize infrastructure investments and financial returns.
- Triple air cargo volume to 750,000 metric tons.
- Triple the value of our outbound cargo to over $50 billion.
- Double the economic value of the fishing and maritime cluster.
Advance this region as a leading tourism destination and business gateway
- Make Seattle-Tacoma International Airport the West Coast “Gateway of Choice” for international travel.
- Double the number of international flights and destinations.
- Meet the region’s air transportation needs at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport for the next 25 years and encourage the cost-effective expansion of domestic and international passenger and cargo service.
- Double the economic value of cruise traffic to Washington state.
Use our influence as an institution to promote small business growth and workforce development
- Increase the proportion of funds spent by the Port with qualified small business firms on construction, goods and services to 40 percent of the eligible dollars spent.
- Increase workforce training, job and business opportunities for local communities in maritime, trade, travel and logistics.
Be the greenest, and most energy efficient port in North America
- Meet all increased energy needs through conservation and renewable sources.
- Meet or exceed agency requirements for storm water leaving Port-owned or operated facilities.
- Reduce air pollutants and carbon emissions, specifically: -- Reduce air pollutant emissions by 50 percent from 2005 levels. -- Reduce carbon emissions from all Port operations by 50 percent from 2005 levels and reduce aircraft-related carbon emissions at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport by 25 percent.
- Anchor the Puget Sound urban industrial land use to prevent sprawl in less developed areas.
- Restore, create, and enhance 40 additional acres of habitat in the Green/Duwamish watershed and Elliott Bay.
The Port of Seattle will use its real estate, capital assets and financial capabilities to accomplish the Century Agenda. These are tools to thoughtfully steward, rather than areas well-suited for specific 25-year goals.
Port staff have identified and outlined in their business plans the action steps to advance progress toward achieving the Century Agenda Vision, Strategies and Objectives. These actions highlight the Port’s individual business lines’ contributions to the Century Agenda effort while developing and maintaining focus on their core businesses. These actions are included and approved in the 2016 budget. Review the Commission Approved 2016 budget here
Questions or Comments?
Contact us at Contact us at email@example.com