Take our web survey: We need your input! Tell us what you like, don't like and why.
Expect large volumes at Sea-Tac this Presidents Day weekend
Thursday and Friday this week (Feb. 16 and 17) are expected to be the busiest days of 2017 so far at Sea-Tac International Airport.
Allow extra time to park, check bags, go through security and get to your gate
To help expedite your next trip through Sea-Tac Airport follow these Insider Tips and Tricks:
- Arrive Early! Travelers are encouraged to arrive a minimum of two hours before domestic and three hours for international flights – give yourself time to park, check bags and get through security.
- Peak hours can mean TSA checkpoint lines are longer. The busiest times typically are between 5 -11 a.m. Increased flights during the evening create another busy period between 7-9 p.m.
- Thursday and Fridays are the busiest days during the week.
- Pack Safe: know before you travel what items are and aren’t allowed in carry-ons and checked bags.
- Print boarding passes ahead of time or use self-serve kiosks at ticketing.
- Travelers can reach all gates from any TSA security checkpoint. The central checkpoint is open 24/7.
- Empty liquids before you get into TSA lines.
- At security checkpoints, have boarding pass and ID ready and remove laptops from their bags ahead of time.
- Sign up for Trusted Traveler programs such as Pre-Check or Global Entry. These programs allow approved travelers to take specific designated lines for quicker service through checkpoints.
View Sea-Tac site: http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Pages/default.aspx?fs=true