Sea-Tac Airport Media Parking
All media covering stories at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport are welcome to park in our North Charter Bus Parking Lot. This includes reporter/photographer vehicles as well as television live trucks.
To order to use this lot, media vehicles must first stop at the Guard Station Air Cargo Road, south of the Port Fire Department (directions found below).
- At least one person in the vehicle must have some form of personal media identification, preferably a Seattle Police Press ID; a media ID issued by the employer also is acceptable.
- The vehicle must be either marked with a company logo, or have a “Working Press” placard on the dashboard that identifies the employer or agency. Vehicles parked in the lot without markings or a placard may be towed without notice and at the owner’s expense. Unmarked media vehicles should park in the Airport Garage.
Please note the following:
- Priority in the North Charter Bus Parking Lot will be given to microwave and satellite TV vehicles due to their size.
- Media parking is available only for vehicles while covering stories at Sea-Tac Airport. Media traveling on assignment should park in the Airport Garage and pay regular parking rates.
- Media parking availability may be limited by airport construction or busy periods for charter bus operations. During these times, media vehicles may be assigned to specific locations within the lot or asked to park in the Airport Garage.
- The primary responsibility of guard shack personnel is to inspect vehicles accessing the airfield. Sometimes vehicle deliveries are critical to on-time flight departures. Please be patient.
- If for some reason the lot is temporarily inaccessible, you will be directed to an alternate parking location. Please be flexible.
Directions to Guard Station
- From the Southbound Airport Expressway: Take the Air Cargo Rd./Cell Phone Lot exit, which is on the left side of the Expressway. Turn right onto 170th, go under the freeway overpass, and then turn left at the "T" onto Air Cargo Road. The Gate E-100 Guard Station will be on your right.
- From Southbound International Blvd: Turn right (west) onto 170th, go under the freeway overpass, and then turn left at the "T" onto Air Cargo Road. The Gate E-100 Guard Station will be on your right.