- Jul 07, 2022 ; 8:00am - 8:00am
The Port is seeking organizations to provide career launch opportunities in maritime industries in the Puget Sound region for youth and young adults ages 16-24 years, with a particular focus on youth from overburdened communities and vulnerable populations. The Port is aiming to award three to four contracts for this effort and encourages collaboration between proposing organizations.
- Please visit VendorConnect to view the RFP, ask questions, or RSVP to events.
|April 27, 2022||RFP opens|
|May 18, 2022||Pre-Proposal Conference (2:00 PM PT)|
|June 3, 2022||Last day to ask questions|
|June 10, 2022||Publish Q & A to VendorConnect|
|July 7, 2022||Proposals due|
About the Youth Career Launch Program
The Youth Career Launch is a pilot program guided by the Equity Index and the Awareness, Experiential, Preparation and Launch (AEPL) model within the Career Connected Learning (CCL) framework. This will be accomplished by partnering with community organizations to provide career launch opportunities for young people aged 16-24 in port-related industries. The pilot will emphasize:
- Working with BIPOC youth and communities in a workforce development capacity
- Partnering with employers in port-related industries
- Youth job training
- Providing wrap-around services to facilitate workforce development opportunities