- Aug 04, 2020
The Port of Seattle is conducting an informational meeting for interested contractors to go over the scope of work and project requirements associated with the Villa Enzian Condominium Sound Insulation project. Following the informational meeting, the Port will conduct virtual one-on-one meetings with interested Contractors.
Description of Work
The overall objective of the work is to achieve quantitative noise reductions of aircraft operations in the select condominium units. The work provides for the improvement of sound reduction in the exterior envelope of each dwelling using known systems and workmanship.
Scope of Work
The work consists of sound insulation measures including, but not limited to, the following:
- Selective demolition of existing windows and doors
- Window replacement
- Existing skylight sound insulation treatment
- Exterior and interior door and door assembly replacement
- Storm doors
- Access hatches and pull-down stairs
- Weather stripping and sealant
- Addition of Mechanical Ventilation
- Architectural modifications to support installation of mechanical ventilation
- Electrical modifications to support mechanical ventilation and architectural modifications
- Power to mechanical equipment
- Installation of hardwire-operated smoke detectors.
- Note: the work under this contract requires selective removal of asbestos containing materials and lead-containing paint. Refer to Section 02 82 13 and 02 83 19.
This is a Federally funded project with a DBE goal. DBE firms are encouraged to attend.
Date: August 4, 2020
Time: 8:00 - 9:00 a.m.
Location: Virtual (MS Teams)
Registration to attend the Informational Meeting is not required, but is encouraged via Vendor Connect.