- Apr 14, 2021 ; 4:00pm - 5:00pm
The Port of Seattle, Port of Tacoma, Northwest Seaport Alliance, and Vancouver Fraser Port Authority are working on a collaborative vision to phase out air and greenhouse gas emissions from seaport-related activities in our region by 2050.
Join us at this April 14 virtual community briefing, where Seattle and Tacoma port leaders and staff will share our strategy to phase out emissions for our local communities and commit to help limit global temperature rise to 1.5°C.
Presentations will focus on a strategy for a carbon-free future and actions to reduce and phase out air and climate emissions in six sectors of port activity: oceangoing vessels, cargo-handling equipment, trucks, harbor vessels, rail, and port administration and tenant facilities.
Port staff will also present ideas to spur development and deployment of clean fuels and technologies, while advancing job creation and commerce in the region.
Register for the community briefing and question and answer session.
DATE: Wednesday, April 14th
TIME: 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Microsoft Teams; meeting link will be sent to registered attendees
- Fred Felleman — Northwest Seaport Alliance Managing Member Co-Chair and Port of Seattle Commission President
- Dick Marzano — Northwest Seaport Alliance Managing Member Co-Chair and Port of Tacoma Commission President
- Ryann Child — Port of Seattle Senior Environmental Management Specialist
- Steve Nicholas — Northwest Seaport Alliance Senior Air Quality and Sustainability Manager