- Jun 09, 2018
Learn how to get into boating at Shilshole Boatfest and Seas the Bay!
This FREE event will get you and your family out on a boat (or many) and introduce you to people who can help navigate how to get into boating (even without owning a boat), how to boat safety, and how to protect the environment while boating so you can continue to enjoy the water after the event. Also enjoy kids' activities, live music, food trucks, vendors celebrating our Ballard community, and more!
11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
All boat rides sign-ups will be on a first come, first served basis once the event opens.
- Take a tour of (11am-1:30pm) and sail (3pm-5pm) on the historic schooner Adventuress by Sound Experience
- Sailboat rides by Sail Northwest & Seattle Sailing Club
- More sailboat rides by Windworks Sailing & Powerboating
- Powerboat rides by Freedom Boat Club Seattle
- Kids' mini opti sailing lessons by Corinthian Yacht Club of Seattle (ages 6-14)
- Liveaboard boat tours by the Shilshole Liveaboard Association
- Kayaking and paddleboarding by Ballard Kayak (north end of marina at W-Dock)
- Seattle Fire Boat display scheduled at approximately 2:30pm
- Current boaters: donate your old sails to the ReSail Project.
- Maritime Pacific Brewing Company beer and Domanico Cellars wine garden
- Food trucks
- Kids' activities
- Live music
- Festival of boating-related and Ballard community partner booths
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
- Washington State Parks Boating Program
- Carefree Boat Club
- Freedom Boat Club of Seattle
- Seattle Sailing Club
- Sail Northwest
- Corinthian Yacht Club of Seattle
- Seattle Yacht Club
- Windworks Sailing & Powerboating
- Seattle Yachts
- NOAA National Weather Service
- Puget Sound Maritime/Youth Maritime Training Association
- Washington Sea Grant
- Voya Financial
- And more!