Your safety, health and well-being are our priority. We require face coverings, escalated cleaning and disinfecting, implemented physical distancing, and added touchless technologies.
Our team at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) is ready for the incremental increases in air travel now and to come. We forecasted to be down 61% in 2020, but we know a busier terminal and better times are ahead.
- Read the FlyHealthy@SEA update from January 15, 2021
- Read COVID-19 Status Updates at SEA Airport
- Read COVID-19 FAQs at SEA Airport
- The FlyHealthy@SEA Action Plan details the airport’s actions to protect you now and the work underway for the next phase of traveling safely in our new normal. The program continues to evolve as travelers return to the airport.
- Explore the weekly dashboard of airport traffic to track economic recovery
Information changes rapidly. Keep up with us on social media with #FlyHealthySEA. Our customer care team is here to answer your questions. Tweet or DM us with a question.
Your Health and Travel
Before you take the skies, your experience at SEA looks and feels different.
- We doubled down on cleaning with frequent disinfection with medical-grade cleaning products. We even secured international accreditations for cleaning practices.
- Added over 290 hand sanitizer stations throughout the terminal for your use. Download the SEA App with our interactive map of hand sanitizer locations.
- Breathe easy knowing our air filtration and ventilation system constantly circulates fresh, outdoor air through the terminal and uses filters that capture 90% of COVID-19 sized particles.
- SEA launched Pre-Booked Parking as an innovation for seamless, contact-free travel.
- Installed nearly 650 plastic protective barriers that buffer interactions between travelers and airport employees, and 8,000 signs for reminders and spacing to honor physical distancing.
- Eat and shop with confidence because airport restaurants and retailers are also going above and beyond to protect your health and well-being.
- Discovery Health MD opened an on-site COVID-19 testing location for non-symptomatic travel testing.
FlyHealthy @ SEA By the Numbers
- Over 3,132 gallons of hand sanitizer and 2,115 containers of sanitizer wipes used in response to COVID-19 in 2020.
- Most airport dining and retail tenants are open. See what’s open and how you dine, imbibe, and shop will be different the next time you travel.
- The Mask Up SEA Street Team distributed over 11,000 free masks in recent months to travelers without one or needing a fresh mask.
- Added over 290 hand sanitizer stations throughout the terminal. Download the SEA App with our interactive map of hand sanitizer locations.
- TSA is screening a daily average of 20,800 passengers passengers. We forecasted to be down 61% in 2020. Explore our dashboard to track the airport's economic recovery.
- Added almost 8,000 signs and floor decals with reminders for physical distancing.
- Installed close to 650 plastic protective barriers that buffer interactions between travelers and airport employees.
- Replaced hundreds of touch-free soap and paper towel dispensers in airport bathrooms.
Last updated on January 6, 2021
FlyHealthy @ SEA Accreditations
ACI Airport Health Accreditation
In October 2020, FlyHealthy @ SEA achieved the Global Health Accreditation from the Airports Council International (ACI) Airport Health Accreditation program. SEA is the first airport on the West Coast to earn the accreditation. ACI’s Airport Health Accreditation program assists airports by assessing new health measures and procedures introduced as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic in accordance with the ICAO Council Aviation Recovery Task Force recommendations. Areas of assessment for accreditation include cleaning and disinfection, physical distancing, staff protection, physical layout, passenger communications and passenger facilities.
GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation
SEA achieved the GBAC STAR™ accreditation on cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention in November 2020. This is a gold standard for safe facilities. GBAC STAR certifies that the airport meets the appropriate standards on our practices, protocols, procedures, and systems to control risks associated with infectious agents, such as SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for COVID-19.
All Clear King County Pledge
In August 2020, Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) took the All Clear King County Pledge in partnership with Visit Seattle. This is a health and safety pledge that inspires travel confidence for visitors to King County. By taking the pledge, we attest to adhering to King County Public Health reopening guidelines.
Help Stop the Spread — Passenger Actions
We’re in this together. We ask you to follow these guidelines to protect yourself, your fellow travelers, and airport employees, including:
FlyHealthy @ SEA Updates Archive
- Update for January 15, 2021 - Masks are mandatory
- Update for December 21, 2020 - Holiday Travel Guide + TSA PreCheck® Travel with Ease
- Update for December 11, 2020 - Holiday Travel Guide + GBAC
- Update for November 25, 2020 - Holiday Travel Guide
- Update for November 13, 2020 - Washington State Travel Advisory and Holiday Travel
- Update for November 2, 2020 - COVID-19 Testing Pilot Launches for Ticketed Travelers
- Update for October 16, 2020 - COVID-19 Testing and Travel
- Update for October 2, 2020 - ACI Airport Health Accreditation
- Update for September 25, 2020 - Partner testimonials
- Update for September 11, 2020 - Cleaning and disinfecting update
- Update for August 28, 2020 - Air ventilation and filtration
- Update for August 14, 2020 - Customer Feedback Surveys
- Weekly update for July 31, 2020 - The Next Phase
- Weekly update for July 24, 2020 - By the Numbers
- Weekly update for July 17, 2020 - Temperature Screening Experience
- Weekly update for July 10, 2020 - SEA Birthday Wish — Healthy Travelers!
- Weekly update for July 2, 2020 - Mask Up SEA
- Weekly update for June 26, 2020 - Passenger Trends Show Gradual Return
- Weekly update for June 19, 2020 - Face coverings are required
- Weekly update for June 12, 2020 - Doubling Down on Cleaning
- Weekly update for June 5, 2020 - Recovery dashboard, Pre-Booked Parking, By the Numbers
- Weekly update for May 29, 2020 - Actions by Dining and Tetail tenants, By the Numbers
- Weekly update for May 22, 2020 - By the Numbers
- Weekly update for May 15, 2020 - Meet FlyHealthy @ SEA, terminal activity update