Our Diversity in Contracting Program is designed to develop professional relationships to increase the number of minority, women, and disadvantaged firms competing for Port procurement. The Port Diversity in Contracting department runs a series of workshops, trainings, and other events throughout the calendar year and produces "how-to" videos for business owners. Visit the Port's Business and Bids section to learn about upcoming events and explore the Roadmap to Doing Business with the Port for a complete list of online procurement resources.
If you're considering working with us, use the roadmap below to get started.
Diversity in Contracting Roadmap to Port Procurement:
- If you would like to do business with the Port, first register your business. This allows Port buyers and procurement professionals to learn about your business when they are looking for a vendor to deliver a product or service.
- Sign up for the Port of Seattle PortGen email to learn about events and opportunities that will help you prepare to do business with the Port of Seattle. These include events where you can meet Port procurement professionals and prime contractors.
- See what products and services the Port is currently buying and planning to buy (Excel) in the future. Get free, confidential support from the Port of Seattle Diversity in Contracting team.
- Watch the videos explaining how the Port buys goods and services, major construction contracts, small works construction contracts, and consulting services.
- Email the Diversity in Contracting team to learn how you can start doing business with the Port of Seattle.
Under the Port’s Diversity in Contacting Program, we track:
- The Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program
- Small business, women and minority business enterprises (WMBE), and other classifications across various categories, contracting types, and promote transparency for the public.
In a question and answer format geared toward helping WMBE and disadvantaged businesses, these conversational videos below between Port managers in-the-know cover four types of contracts at the Port:
- Consulting Services
- Goods and Services
- Major Construction
- Small Works Construction
You will learn how to find out about contracts, what types of contracts are available, tips and tricks you need to place a proposal and what to do when you win a contract.