Below is a list of annual events that celebrate the people, tradition, and bounty of the local commercial fishing industry. Exact event dates are not provided. Please check the event websites for up-to-date details.
- Blessing of the Fleet: Every year, not long before many of the vessels moored at Fishermen's Terminal venture from port for the fishing season, the community takes a moment together and wish the fleet a safe and bountiful catch. Typically occurs in March or May in the Fishermen's Terminal plaza. Organized by the Ballard First Lutheran Church. www.bflcs.org
- Annual Dedication: A ceremony to acknowledge fishermen and women who perished at sea, and whose names have been added to the Memorial Wall. Always held the first Sunday in May. www.seattlefishermensmemorial.org
- Ballard Seafood Fest: A three-day event that draws more than 75,000 visitors to celebrate the best of Ballard: seafood, live music and craft beer and cocktails. Typically held in July in downtown Ballard. www.seafoodfest.org
- Fishermen's Fall Festival: This event celebrates the return of the fleet to the terminal, educates the public of the importance of the fishing industry, and raises funds for the Seattle Fishermen's Memorial Foundation. Typically held in September at Fishermen's Terminal. www.fishermensfallfestival.org
- Stories of the Sea: A raucous night dedicated to song, poetry and storytelling about the epic adventures of commercial fishing and the maritime industry. Typically held in September at Highliner Public House at Fishermen's Terminal. www.seattlemaritime101.com
- Pacific Marine Expo: The largest commercial marine trade show on the West Coast. Typically held in November at Lumen Field Event Center. www.pacificmarineexpo.com