Looking for a WMBE or DBE firm to work with is quick and simple. Below are some of the ways that you can do so:
VendorConnect is the Port of Seattle’s contracting platform and includes a vendor directory or “vendor index”. The vendor index represents firms that have chosen to register themselves on the platform. Business certifications include certifications that are self-identified. Find firms on VendorConnect by:
- Visiting the VendorConnect vendor index
- Clicking onto the “Business Certifications” field and selecting the certifications you desire (including but not limited to: DBE, WMBE, MBE, WBE)
- Clicking onto the “work types”, “NAICS codes” and “Postal codes” fields and selecting those that you are interested in. The list shown will automatically match the fields you select.
- For more information about a specific business, click onto the name of the business to view their profile.
- For information on all of the businesses and the contact information of each click on the “export to excel” button on the upper right corner.
Businesses that appear in the OMWBE directory are currently certified with OMWBE. The directory can be used to confirm certified status. The directory landing page includes a video on how to use the OMWBE Directory.
The Small Business Administration (SBA) has verified the following certifications in the Dynamic Small Business Search (DSBS): HUBZone, Women Owned Small Business, Economically Disadvantaged Women Owned Small Business. Any other certifications in DSBS is self-certified by a firm and not verified by SBA.
Search for veteran-owned businesses.
GSBA is Washington State’s LGBTQ+ and allied chamber of commerce.