All media covering stories at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) are welcome to park in our designated media spots, located on the Departures (upper) level, just north of the terminal. Priority is given to electronic media such as television live or remote vehicles. Media parking is NOT allowed on either of the airport drives.
To use the North End Departure/Upper Drive Lot:
- All persons in the vehicle must have some form of personnel media identification, preferably a Seattle Police Press ID; a media ID issued by the employer also is acceptable.
- The vehicle must be either marked with a company logo or have a “Working Press” placard on the dashboard that identifies the employer or agency. Vehicles parked without markings or a placard may be towed without notice and at the owner’s expense. Unmarked media vehicles without a business card or placard should park in the Airport Garage.
Please note the following:
- Media parking is available only for vehicles while covering stories at SEA. Media traveling on assignment should park in the Airport Garage and pay regular parking rates.
- Media parking availability may be limited by airport construction. During these times, media vehicles may be assigned to specific locations within the lot or asked to park in the Airport Garage.
- Please park in single-file on the yellow striped area, no farther south than the emergency exit/entrance to the D Annex which is located on the other side of the security fence.
- If you go too far south, continue through the Upper Drive and follow Return to Terminal signs to reach the Airport Expressway.
- Media Parking is no longer allowed on the Lower (Arrivals) Drive due to construction.
- Absolutely NO PARKING is allowed on along any other space of either drives next to the terminal.
- Please work together with fellow media to ensure cordial arrangements.
- Contact Airport External Relations for any concerns or questions. See contacts for Airport External Relations here.
Directions to Media Parking
From the Southbound Airport Expressway: Follow signs to Departure (upper drive), staying in the right lane as you ascend the hill. You will see the beginning of diagonally striped pavement to the right. This is the Media Parking area. Please park no farther south than the emergency exit/entrance to the D Annex which is located on the other side of the security fence. Please park single file. If you go too far south, please continue through the Upper Drive and Follow the Return to Terminal signs to return to the Airport Expressway. Vehicles need to have media ID while in the parking space or be subject to tow.