If you wish to pick up passengers at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (the “Airport”) you must register on this portal.
1. The Port hereby authorizes you to utilize this Portal solely to register as a driver authorized to pick up passengers at the Airport.
2. You must provide accurate information as requested by the Portal. It is your responsibility to keep the information current. If your credit card number changes for any reason, you must provide updated information promptly, OR YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO PICK UP PASSENGERS UNTIL THE NEW CREDIT NUMBER IS ENTERED.
4. At the completion of the registration, you will be provided a QR code that is unique to you and your credit card. You agree to NOT share this code with any other taxi driver. As part of the registration, you will have to create a logon ID and password. This is unique to you and should not be shared with anyone. If you share either the QR code or your password with another person, you will be responsible for any subsequent actions, including charges made to your credit card.
5. Prior to picking up a passenger, your QR code will be scanned by the Port or its contractors. These scans will be used to verify that you have a credit card on file AND to charge your credit account for the airport pick-up trip fee. When you provide your QR code for this purpose, you are consenting to have the Port charge this airport fee to your credit card. Your QR code may need to be scanned more than once as part of the queuing, validation, and charging process.
6. If there are errors in the charges, you will have to follow the Port’s error resolution process, which is provided on the Portal.
7. Use of this Taxi and For-Hire Driver Portal is at your own risk. The Port does NOT promise that the system will always operate or that it will operate correctly. The Port takes no responsibility for problems arising from your use of the Internet, and no responsibility for your security while using the internet. However, if you want to pick up paying passengers at the Airport, you must register, provide a valid credit card, and provide your assigned QR code to the Port or its contractor.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS-IS.” WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION ON IT. IN ADDITION, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THIS SITE WILL 1) MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; 2) BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; 3) THAT THE RESULTS YOU OBTAIN WILL BE ACCURATE; OR 4) PROVIDE PRODUCTS OF A QUALITY THAT WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER RELATING TO, OR RESULTING FROM, YOUR USE OF THIS SITE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
10. Any dispute between us may only be adjudicated in the state or federal courts located in King County, Washington and you consent to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
1. You are using this portal to register to pick up passengers at the Airport. The Port collects certain information from you: your name, contact information, and the number of your for-hire permit, among other things.
2. The Port will keep this information private and not use it except in conjunction with matters relating to on-demand taxi and for-hire operations at the Airport, including communications, whether to all drivers or to a specific driver in response to a question. We will not sell this information to any third party. Taxi and For-Hire drivers do not necessarily own the taxis they drive. We may share information with the owner of the vehicle you drive as required by our agreement with such owner.
3. Your registration of your credit card with Cybersource takes place on their web site. The Port does not record or otherwise retain your credit card information. The QR code that the Port provides, and you use, does NOT include your credit card information. It contains a “token,” which is generated from your credit card account number, but which cannot be matched to your credit card number, except by the issuer (Cybersource in this case).
4. Drivers should also be aware that the Port is a public agency. This means that it is subject to the Public Records Act of the State of Washington, Chapter 42.56 of the Revised Code of Washington. The Port may be required to disclose information that you provide us unless there is an exception in the Act. While we may (if we choose) post such a request on our website, we do not promise to notify individuals. If there is a conflict between this Privacy and the Public Records Act, we will follow the Public Records Act.
5. The Port sets a cookie when you log in to the Portal. This cookie helps with user authentication. It is deleted when you close your browser or log out of the Portal.