Since 1911, the Port of Seattle has grown from a fledgling harbor to a multi-faceted organization that runs a world-class seaport and international airport, supporting tourism and commercial fishing industries, partnering in building road and rail infrastructure, and leading in environmental and sustainability efforts. Yet, our values remain rooted in serving the citizens of King County by creating economic opportunity for all, stewarding our environment responsibly, partnering with surrounding communities, conducting ourselves transparently and holding ourselves accountable.
All authority of the Port of Seattle is vested with the Commission in its actions as a public body under RCW 53. Five Commissioners, elected at large by the voters of King County, serve four-year terms to govern the Port, lead all inter-governmental functions, and oversee the Executive Director. The Commission vests authority with the Executive Director and delineates Commission and ED responsibilities through the Delegation of Responsibility and Authority.
- Port Commission meetings are normally held at 12 p.m. on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at either Pier 69 or Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. Because meeting times and locations can change, please visit the Commission Meetings page for the most up-to-date information.
- You can watch recent Commission meetings on Sundays at 1 p.m. on King County TV (Digital cable 22) or watch any meeting on the Commissions Meetings page.
- Search note: To search within Commission meeting materials, please type your terms into the Commission Meetings site.
COVID-19 Meeting Venue Policy
At the risk of exposing others to illness, please do not attend this event if you answer “Yes” to any of the following items:
- You have signs or symptoms of any illness.
- You have been exposed to another individual with COVID – 19 within the past 14 days.
- You have been diagnosed with COVID – 19 within the past 10 days.
- You are waiting for results of a COVID – 19 test.
- Masks are optional.
The Port of Seattle is committed to providing a safe environment for our guests to gather in person, by making decisions based on scientific Public Health guidance. All protocols are subject to change based on these inputs.
By attending events, you acknowledge and accept the risk that there are a mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated attendees, and you are responsible for taking the precautions needed to keep yourself safe. We are happy to provide hand sanitizer, and masks at our event for your use.