On January 12, United States Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo announced that Port of Seattle Commissioner Fred Felleman has been appointed to the U.S. Travel and Tourism Advisory Board (TTAB). The board includes 32 leaders from businesses and organizations in the domestic travel and tourism industry.
TTAB members advise the Secretary of Commerce on how government policies and programs affect the travel and tourism industry and offer counsel on current and emerging issues to support sustainable growth of the travel and tourism industry as our nation’s economic engine.
“I am very grateful to Secretary Raimondo for recognizing the critical role the Port of Seattle continues to play in helping the state of Washington develop as a tourism destination,” said Commissioner Fred Felleman. “I look forward to bringing my experience to expand partnerships with fellow board members to ensure that tourism brings equitable economic opportunities that advance responsible recreation, sustainability and respect for diverse cultures.”
Commissioner Felleman has been one of the most dedicated and passionate advocates for the Port’s role as a regional and national tourism leader, particularly in developing ecotourism opportunities in and around Washington state. He is the founder of the Port Commission’s Tourism Committee and has been a leader in restoring statewide destination marketing in Washington after the closure of the Washington State Tourism office in 2011.
Commissioner Felleman’s background as a marine biologist and environmental policy consultant has helped accelerate sustainability in all aspects of travel and tourism at the Port. His insights into how to “recreate responsibly” have been key to shaping Port and State investments and messaging in tourism promotion.
The Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, cruise terminals, and recreational marinas of the Port of Seattle combine to create one of the most significant travel and tourism generators and facilitators in the Pacific Northwest. In keeping with the Port's Century Agenda goal to "advance this region as a leading tourism destination," the Port also offers a number of programs to support the industry. The Tourism Marketing Support Program provided $200,000 in 2022 to increase tourism activity, with half of the funds dedicated to advancing responsible outdoor travel and diverse cultural activities, experiences, and attractions.
The membership for the 2023-2024 term of TTAB listed below includes representatives of state and regional economic development teams, businesses, and organizations:
- Reggie Aggarwal, Founder and CEO, Cvent
- Balram Bheodari, Aviation General Manager, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Adam Burke, President and CEO, Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board
- Brian Chesky, Cofounder and CEO, Airbnb
- Julie Coker, President and CEO, San Diego Tourism Authority
- Brad Dean, CEO, Discover Puerto Rico
- Christine Duffy, President, Carnival Cruise Line
- Fred Felleman, Commissioner, Port of Seattle
- Liz Fitzsimmons, Managing Director, Maryland Department of Commerce Office of Tourism and Film
- Matt Goldberg, President and CEO, Tripadvisor, Inc.
- Mufi Hanneman, President and CEO, Hawaii Lodging & Tourism Association
- Russ Hedge, President and CEO, Hostelling International USA
- Bill Hornbuckle, President and CEO, MGM Resorts International
- Peter Ingram, President and CEO, Hawaiian Airlines
- Stephanie Jones, Founder and CEO, Cultural Heritage Economic Alliance
- Andrew Leary, Director of Sustainable Tourism and Partnerships, Leave No Trace
- Eric Lipp, Founder and Executive Director, Open Doors Organization
- Casandra Matej, President and CEO, Visit Orlando
- Peter Millones, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Booking Holdings, Inc.
- Will Morey, President and CEO, The Morey Organization
- Tricia Primrose, Executive Vice President and Chief Global Communications & Public Affairs Officer, Marriott International
- Lana Ramos, Vice President, Marketing and Community Relations, Locally Grown Restaurants
- Carroll Rheem, Founder and CEO, iolite group
- Dan Richards, Founder and CEO, The Global Rescue Companies
- Adam Sacks, President, Tourism Economics
- John Sage, President, Accessible Travel Solutions
- Stephen Scherr, CEO, Hertz Corporation
- Greg Schulze, Senior Vice President, Strategic Travel Partners, Expedia
- Monica Smith, President and CEO, Southeast Tourism Society
- Jerry Tan, President and CEO, Tan Holdings
- Donald “D” Taylor, President, UNITE HERE
- Peter van Berkel, President, Travalco USA, Inc.
The National Travel and Tourism Office, housed within the Commerce Department’s International Trade Administration, serves as the Executive Secretariat for the TTAB.
Questions and comments about the TTAB can be directed to TTAB@trade.gov.
Peter McGraw | Port of Seattle Media Officer
(206) 787-3446 | email@example.com