Notice: The Port of Seattle continues to work closely with public health organizations and community partners to support prevention efforts and provide guidance to the public, business partners and our workforce as we navigate the COVID-19 situation. At this time, we have decided to postpone the recruitments for all high school, college and graduate internships until further notice. Thank you for your patience.
Why intern with the Port?
It's not just another summer job. Few organizations, public or private, can offer high schools interns the experience the Port of Seattle provides:
- Jumpstart your future professional career
- Work experience on your resume at a well-known public organization with a long history
- Selfie-worthy work locations at SEA Airport or along the Seattle waterfront
- Real work on real projects that impact local communities and the regional economy—no coffee runs
- 100 percent of our internships are paid
The Port of Seattle offers over 80 available high school internships across all departments that fall into the following career focus areas:
- Business Management, Planning, and Administration
- Business Technology and Solution Design
- Communications and Outreach
- Customer Service
- Engineering and Construction Management
- Facility Management and Operations
- Finance and Accounting
- Skilled Trades
Gain career skills:
The Port of Seattle’s High School Internship Program is designed to provide you with the skills you need to be successful in a corporate environment.
A three-day orientation includes training in the Port’s Code of Conduct and communications technology, as well as business skills such as: diversity and inclusion, process improvement, project management, communications, and leadership.
A variety of career awareness activities will be available during the summer to promote learning and increase exposure to various aspects of the Port. This includes a Career and Education day where you’ll get the opportunity to meet local schools, apprenticeship programs, and hiring employers, as well as attend workshops on resume writing and interview skills.
Qualified high school interns are:
a) At least 16 years of age by June 30 of the internship year
b) Currently enrolled in high school, recently graduated from high school (no more than 12 months removed), or currently in a GED completion program
c) Ideal candidates have demonstrated the ability to complete projects, have volunteered with community organizations, and/or participated in extracurricular activities
Fill out the online application. Make sure to add your contact and educational information.
- Resume: upload your prepared resume
- Cover Letter: upload your prepared cover letter
How to Apply
The Port of Seattle is accepting applications online for our internship program from February through April. To check out available opportunities, please browse our Current Opportunities.
If you are having difficulties in the online application process, please refer to the Port's Job Applicant FAQ.