2022 Sustainability Century Awards
This annual Sustainable Century Awards program encourages continuous support for sustainability initiatives by recognizing accomplishments that demonstrate environmental sustainability and equity leadership associated with Port properties and operations.
Aviation and Maritime Awards categories (nomination-based)
- Environmental Performance: The nominee’s activity results in a direct measurable benefit to the environment.
- Environmental Education and Outreach: The nominee’s activity increased awareness of environmental stewardship and/or raised awareness of environmental issues and practices and is expected to accrue future direct benefits to the environment, economy, and community.
- Environmental Innovation: The nominee’s activity highlights a creative approach to identifying and/or solving an environmental issue and results in a measurable direct or projected benefit to the environment.
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: The nominee’s activity results in a direct, measurable benefit to historically marginalized communities (e.g., communities of color and immigrant and refugee communities).
Aviation-only (not nomination but based on SEA airport operational data)
- Two recognitions for SEA airlines that achieve the highest or greatest increased use of:
- Airline ground power and pre-conditioned air at gates (this will be updated in future years to include APU run-time reductions)
- Fuel-efficient aircraft