The Port of Seattle (Port) annually recognizes customers, tenants, non-profits, and business partners of all sizes with the Sustainable Century Awards. Award winners serve as role models and demonstrate exceptional sustainability and equity leadership in their operations or involvement with Port maritime facilities and Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA). These businesses and organizations are key partners in helping the Port achieve our sustainability goals set forth in the Century Agenda.
2023 Sustainability Century Awards
This annual Sustainable Century Awards program encourages continuous support for sustainability initiatives by recognizing accomplishments that demonstrate environmental sustainability and equity leadership associated with Port properties and operations. Between January 5 and February 17, 2023, the Port will accept nominations for actions completed in 2022.
Aviation and Maritime Awards categories (nomination-based)
- Environmental Performance: The nominee’s activity results in a direct measurable benefit to the environment.
- Environmental Education and Outreach: The nominee’s activity increased awareness of environmental stewardship and/or raised awareness of environmental issues and practices and is expected to accrue future direct benefits to the environment, economy, and community.
- Environmental Innovation: The nominee’s activity highlights a creative approach to identifying and/or solving an environmental issue and results in a measurable direct or projected benefit to the environment.
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: The nominee’s activity results in a direct, measurable benefit to historically marginalized communities (e.g., communities of color and immigrant and refugee communities).
Aviation-only (not nomination but based on SEA airport operational data)
- Two recognitions for SEA airlines that achieve the highest or greatest increased use of:
- Airline ground power and pre-conditioned air at gates (this will be updated in future years to include APU run-time reductions)
- Fuel-efficient aircraft
Awards category details and nomination form
Download the Aviation and Maritime award information packets for details and nomination forms
|Download the 2023 Maritime Award information and nomination packet|
|Download the 2023 Aviation Award information and nomination packet|
The Port will accept nominations between Jan. 5 – Feb. 17, 2023. Nominations must be received by 5 p.m. Pacific Time on Feb. 17, 2023, to be eligible for recognition.
If you have questions about the program, please contact:
- Maritime Contact: Jane Dewell, (206) 475-8079
- SEA Airport Contact: Jeremy Webb, (206) 849-1081
Sign up for the Award email List