Effective on Saturday, March 21, 2020, the SEA Visitor Pass program is temporarily suspended due to COVID-19. Please contact your airline directly to receive a gate pass.
Connections to our friends and family should always come first. But real life is busy and complicated. And there’s never enough time with the people that mean the most to you.
We know that Moments Matter, like:
- Hugging grandpa the minute he gets off the plane
- Catching up with your childhood friend on his layover
- Spending precious moments with your daughter before her deployment
- Surprising her with flowers at the gate because you can’t wait another minute
With SEA Visitor Pass, you can now enter the post-security side of the airport even if you're not traveling that day.
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport was the first airport on the West Coast to pilot a post-security visitor program in 2018.
For more information:
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions about SEA Visitor Pass
- See how your Northwest neighbors made moments matter in the 2018 pilot program
- Find a few more ideas in the Top 10 Things to Do with SEA Visitor Pass
Step 1: Apply Online
Complete the request form online. You can apply the day of your visit or up to seven days in advance.
- Type in your full legal name (exactly as it appears on your passport or driver’s license), your date of birth, and your gender
- 200 visitors a day are admitted through SEA Visitor Pass. If you are not able to select a date in the registration, that means program capacity is full for that date. Please try again for another day.
- You will receive an email verifying that your request has been received
Step 2: Get TSA Approval
Your application will be reviewed by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- If applying in advance, you will receive an email with your approval status after midnight on the day of your visit.
- If applying for same day entrance, you will receive an email with your approval status within 15 minutes.
Step 3: Display your SEA Visitor Pass
If you are approved for entry, the email will contain a QR code that is required for entry. Bring this QR code in print or digital format along with your TSA-approved ID.
- This QR code and your ID are required for entrance to security
- Every person entering the airport must display their individual QR code at security
- Do not come to the airport if you have not received approval in email with a QR code
Step 4: Go through Security at Checkpoint 3
On the day of your visit, bring your QR code and your TSA-approved ID to Checkpoint 3.
- Access for SEA Visitor pass participants is only available through general security at Checkpoint 3. Map it using the SEA Airport App
- Entry hours for SEA Visitor Pass are 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., seven days a week. You may stay in the airport until 10:00 p.m.
Step 5: Have fun!
Eat, shop, visit, and make moments that matter. See a directory.
Step 6: Tell us what you think
- Watch your email for a link to an online survey
- Share your SEA Visitor Pass moment on social media at #SEAVisitorPass.
- This is a permanent program with no expected end date. However, SEA Airport has the right to cancel the program or modify program rules at any time without prior notice.
- This program allows entrance to the post-security side of the airport between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. seven days a week. The last entrance is at 9:00 p.m. SEA Airport recommends that you depart the terminal by 10:00 p.m. as airport services are limited after that time.
- Peak airport times are mornings, weekends, and Sunday evenings. At these times, SEA recommends arriving at least two hours before you want to be post-security.
- SEA Visitor Pass access is approved only for personal use; commercial or professional use is expressly forbidden and will result in revocation of program access.
- This program is limited to 200 visitor passes per day. Access is granted on a first-come, first-served basis and is subject to TSA approval.
- If the daily quota has already been met, you will not be able to request entrance for that date. We hope you will try again another day.
- You will be subject to the same security regulations as passengers boarding an aircraft. Please review the list of items prohibited by TSA.
- Please review the TSA rules for bringing liquids through checkpoints.
- You must present your TSA-approved ID and QR Code at security
- This program does not provide expedited security and trusted traveler programs like TSA Pre✓® and CLEAR are not honored. Visitors may enter only at Checkpoint 3.
For more information on this program: