New Company Set Up
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE AND FOR LINKS
Authorized Signer Roles and Responsibilities:
The role of the Authorized Signer is critical to maintaining a safe and secure airport. A minimum of 2 Authorized Signers are required to be on file for each company at Sea-Tac. The Authorized Signer is responsible and required to comply with CFR 1542.209 - must undergo background checks, complete Authorized Signatory Training on an annual basis and the following:
- Verify that any person enrolled in the badging process is a member of the organization in which they work and have a business need to hold an ID badge.
- Enroll and Renew all employee badge applications electronically, using the Authorized Signer Portal.
- Confirm that the employee information entered into the portal is accurate and the employee employment authorization document and identification requirements have been verified and met.
- Communicate the importance of holding an ID badge to your employees and the requirements and processes in which they need to obtain one.
- Immediately deactivate a badge via the Authorized Signer Portal. if the employee has been separated from the company, or if the applicant’s badge is unaccounted for (LOST or STOLEN).
- Ensure that any deactivated badge is RETURNED to the CREDENTIAL CENTER immediately. A $350.00 non-returned badge fee will be charged for each badge that is not returned within a 30-day period.
- Maintain an accurate employee active badge count and serve as primary contact for badge audits conducted by Port of Seattle Aviation Security Auditing and Compliance.
- Ensure that up-to-date contact information such as company name, billing address, email address, and company phone number is maintained.
- Notify the Credential Center of Authorized Signatory status changes.
- Step by step guide Authorized Signer Portal Handbook.
- Have an updated Company Agreement on file with the Credential Center
- FAQ and Helpful Reminders for Authorized Signers
- New Hire Onboarding Presentation