Join the Community
The Port of Seattle (including Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and all maritime properties) uses social media to provide the community with updated news on Port and airport operations, events, and other timely information and to hear feedback from our customers. The Port of Seattle intends to offer a safe environment for community conversation.
The Port of Seattle invites you to join and participate in one of these online communities. And we encourage you to share your experience or just let us know how we are doing.
Any person accessing, browsing and using a Port of Seattle Social Media site accepts without limitation or qualification, these Social Media Policies (hereafter "Policies"). These terms and conditions apply only to the Social Media sites (defined here as third-party hosted online technologies that facilitate social interaction and dialogue, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, and any other future platforms) that are managed by the Port of Seattle.
The Port of Seattle maintains the right to modify these Policies at any time without notice. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting the modification on this Social Media Policy page unless otherwise stated. Continued use of a Port of Seattle Social Media site following the posting of any modification signifies acceptance of such modification.
The Port of Seattle operates and maintains its Social Media sites as a public service to provide information about Port programs, services, projects, issues, events, and activities. The Port assumes no liability for any inaccuracies these Social Media sites may contain and does not guarantee that the Social Media sites will be uninterrupted, permanent, or error‐free. These sites are limited public forums and all posted content is reviewed and moderated by Port staff for compliance with this posted social media policy.
All content posted on the Port of Seattle social media channels is archived and saved to comply with the Washington State Public Records Act. Any person posting on the Port’s social channels has no guarantee of privacy now or in the future with respect to a posting.
Port of Seattle Social Media Policy
The Port of Seattle social media sites are intended to serve as a forum for communication between the public and the Port of Seattle. While the Port welcomes comments, please be advised that Port staff do not respond to all comments.
A comment posted by the public on any Port of Seattle social media account is the opinion of the commenter or poster only and does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by the Port. In addition, any interaction by or with the Port on its Social Media Accounts (including, but not limited to, shares, likes, and follows) does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the Port of Seattle.
Social Media and Public Records
All posts and comments on the Port of Seattle social media channels are public records subject to public disclosure under the Washington State Public Records Act. Any content posted on social channels that is related to Port business, including a list of subscribers and posted communication, is a public record. The Port advises visitors not to post sensitive personal information like home addresses and personal email addresses on any Port social media account.
Visitor Posting Policy
Comments or responses that violate the policies set forth by the Port or the native platform could be deleted or reported to the platform it’s posted on for review. By using social media, you implicitly agree to abide by the Port of Seattle’s policies and those set forth by the platform you are posting on.
The Port’s social media sites should remain family friendly, so please keep your comments and wall posts appropriate. You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username, and any information provided. Any images or content that you post on the Port’s social media are public records and can be republished by the Port of Seattle on any other media without compensation or liability. The Port will notify you of use and provide photo credit and a link to your social media account.
Visitors are prohibited from posting the following types of content on any Port of Seattle Social Media sites. The Port of Seattle reserves the right to restrict or remove any messages or postings with the following content and may block a user who posts prohibited content like:
- Comments not topically related to Port programs, services, projects, issues, events and activities, or the particular post being commented upon
- Obscene or sexual content or links to obscene or sexual content Illegal activity or encouragement of illegal activity
- Vulgarity, insults, and inflammatory content
- Content that is abusive, hateful, include unsupported accusations or personal attacks or is intended to defame anyone or any organization
- Posts and comments that promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation
- Posts that contain personally identifying information or sensitive personal information
- Post with offensive terms that target protected classes
- Posts that are threatening, harassing, or derogatory
- Religious statements, including comments that endorse or oppose any type of religious opinions or activities
- Political statements, including comments that endorse or oppose political candidates or ballot propositions, are prohibited under state law (RCW 42.52.180)
- Commercial solicitations and endorsements or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency
- Posts that attempt to defame or defraud any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency
- Posts or links to irrelevant or inappropriate third party content
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity or threaten the health and safety of employees or users at any Port facility
- Comments that violate intellectual property rights, copyrights, or the legal ownership interest of another party, including, but not limited to infringement of a copyright, trademark, or any registered mark.
All posts and comments posted on the Port’s Social Media sites will be reviewed by Port staff for compliance. The Port of Seattle reserves the right to restrict, hide, report, or remove posted content that does not comply with these Policies.
Communications made through Port of Seattle Social Media sites in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the Port or its partners. (For example, a social media post or comment that asks for public records will not be considered a public records request under RCW 42.56.) To get information about a topic, please submit a public records request to the Port of Seattle.
The Port of Seattle retains copyright on all copy, images, document, content, and other materials provided on Port of Seattle social media sites and the website. You may forward or reuse material for personal non‐commercial use if you display the copyright symbol and include a line that credits the Port and identifies the source. For instance “©Port of Seattle Facebook page” or "Copyright Port of Seattle."
Commercial use of text, logos, photos, and other graphics is prohibited without the express written permission of the Port of Seattle. Use of the Port logo by any non-Port entity or non-governmental use is prohibited without the expression written permission of the Port of Seattle.
Third Party Sites
The Port of Seattle’s social media pages may include links or copy to third party social media or websites. These pages do not belong to the Port of Seattle and the information cited or found is not controlled by or endorsed by the Port of Seattle. The Port of Seattle is not liable for any third party content posted on its social media feed.