The Port of Seattle is committed to exemplary customer service at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, including a high quality experience for travelers at the airport’s restaurants and retail locations.
To provide more dining and shopping options to meet growing passenger demands, as well as more opportunities for local businesses and workers, the airport is launching an exciting project that will markedly change the heart of the airport — the Central Terminal Renovation Project.
Don’t fear, the iconic glass wall is not going away. However, those dramatic views of the airfield and the Olympic Mountains will be interrupted during construction. And there are still plenty of food and retail options throughout the airport!
Open During Construction
Central Terminal modernization details
- Add dining, retail and seating on the north and south mezzanines
- Installation of charging station counters
- Provide more opportunities for local and regional business as well as small, minority-owned companies
- Modernize mechanical systems to ensure the space remains comfortable in all seasons
|Construction Begins/Central Terminal food court closed||Feb. 2018|
|Phase One/south side completed *||Q1 2019|
|Phase Two/north side completed||Q4 2019|
* When Phase One is done, the construction wall will be removed from the south side, and travelers will be able to use the area while the second phase is being completed.
Estimated project costs
The Central Terminal Project is estimated to cost $16,834,000.