For information about flights, baggage policies, and flight check-in, contact your airline directly.
A little advance planning goes a long way to make your trip more predictable and lower stress. Use these tips to make your SEA experience more efficient.
Winter weather updates
If it looks like the flakes may fly, bookmark and check this page on winter weather operations and updates.
Before you leave home
- Reserve your spot in the TSA security line with SEA Spot Saver.
- Download the flySEA app for live checkpoint wait times, traveler alerts, parking spot tracker, maps, and more info.
- Get food on the fly with the Order SEA mobile ordering service and pick up meals on the way to your gate.
- Enroll in a trusted traveler program like TSA PreCheck or CLEAR.
- Check with the City of SeaTac to see if there are any road construction projects that might impact your trip to SEA Airport.
To and from SEA
Avoid the hassles of driving and parking. Consider alternative modes of transportation to/from the airport like a Link Light Rail, bus, taxi, ride share options, shuttles, airporters, or door-to-door options.
A busy parking garage makes airport parking a challenge. Be aware that during busy travel periods you may need extra time to find a parking stall.
If you decide to drive and park, the new automated parking guidance system marks available and occupied stalls with green and red lights.
It's dangerous to park on the shoulder of the airport drive. Use the newly reconfigured Cell Phone Lot.
At the airport
Get here early! Depending on your needs, you may need more time. Passengers should arrive two hours before domestic travel and three hours before international travel.
Upgrade SEA highlights more than $5 billion in improvements underway over the next five years.
- Read the plan for the future of SEA Airport
Construction for safety and accessibility improvements unfortunately means temporary closures along garage skybridges.
Skybridge 6 is currently closed and will reopen around around May. Please follow signage.
Be ready for security checkpoints:
- Remove any electronics larger than a cell phone from carry-on luggage
- Remove foods and liquids from your carry-on luggage and prepare to hold up your boarding pass for review. Read the latest Identification and Documentation Requirements
- Use the interactive map to find your way around SEA
Accessible travel at SEA
- Read about accessible travel
- Check out the SEA Social Story for travelers with sensory sensitivities like autism
- Use the arrivals (lower) level to drop off in the morning and the departures (upper) level to pick up in the evening
- Check Airport Drive Cameras to check traffic on the drives
Coming from an international destination?
- Download the Mobile Passport Control app.
- Add your travel details as you land at SEA.
- Collect your bags and go straight to a dedicated line in the arrival hall.
- Your entire family can complete the customs process from one mobile device.
- Learn about the Bags First arrival process at SEA Airport.
Stay safe at SEA
Check out travel tips on how to stay safe at the airport
Stay in the loop with SEA Airport
- Follow @flySEA on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Sign up for SEA Airport Text Alerts
- Download the flySEA App
- Subscribe to our flySEA email newsletter