As the fastest-growing airport in North America and eighth most-traveled in the country, there is a lot of exciting evolution happening at the airport all designed to enhance your experience. Here’s a regularly updated look at what’s new around the airport and how to navigate like a pro.
- Follow @SeaTacAirport on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest updates inside and outside the terminal. Plug into all our channels.
- Download the SEA App for checkpoint wait times, track your flight status, to step-by-step directions with our interactive map, and more.
- Explore other apps by our partners for a more efficient traveling experience at SEA.
SAVE TIME AT SEA
- Get here early! Arrive two hours before boarding time for domestic flights and three hours prior for international for time at your airline ticket counter, to go through security, find your gate and explore our dining and retail options.
- Learn more about how you can order food from your phone for quick pick up at select locations.
- Get through the checkpoints efficiently by knowing how to pack and check wait times on the SEA App.
- Real ID requirements are coming October 2020, see if you have the right ID to fly.
GETTING TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT
- Use alternate forms of transportation such as Link Light Rail and King County Metro or Sound Transit buses to avoid traffic. Find possible roadway construction and traffic impacts around SEA.
- Passengers on their way to SEA can experience rush hour congestion on the terminal drives during mornings from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. and evenings from 8 p.m. to midnight. We encourage drivers to think opposite at peak times for passenger pick up, especially on Thursday and Sunday nights, to use the departures drives in the evenings and arrivals drive in the mornings when possible.
- The Cell Phone Lot may be congested at night, and as a result may have a traffic re-route to improve traffic flow. Police officers will issue a $50 ticket to those illegally parked on the shoulder of the drives for safety of the driver and those around.
- App-based Rideshare (including Uber and Lyft) are rapidly growing in popularity. The pick-up area on the 3rd floor of the parking garage and can experience congestion with late night arrivals. SEA implemented a new pull through layout for our drivers and passengers to help the pick-up process be more efficient.
- Link Light Rail is great alternative to avoid traffic and congestion, see Sound Transit’s Service Alerts for any possible schedule impacts. For passengers needing additional assistance there is a free Train to Plane shuttle from the station to the terminal. Find other information to help you get to and from the airport faster and easier.
- All rental car companies are in a single off-site facility located only a few minutes away and available by a free shuttle 24/7 on the north and south end of the arrivals drive at baggage claim level.
IN THE TERMINAL
- Lost something while traveling? Submit a lost item report and our Lost and Found at the airport can help!
- Our customer experience team is happy to help! Look for the SEA Pathfinders in teal and volunteers in blue blazers or teal polos.
- Close to 20 dining and retail options opened in 2019. Explore the newest dining and retail options at SEA on our interactive map and see what’s coming next.
- What’s with all the construction? We’re building a new International Arrivals Facility and redeveloping the N Gates, C Gates train station, and Central Terminal to provide a better passenger experience.
- Traveling with kids? Take them to the Play Area near Gate A1 or nursing suites are available for traveling mothers.
- The USO can be found pre-security on the Mezzanine level of SEA above Security Checkpoint 3 and is open 24/7.
- Have extra time while traveling at SEA? Experience our live music program, public art, lounges, and more.
WHAT’S THE HOLD UP?
- Ever boarded a bus to get to your plane while traveling at SEA? Find out why it helps get you to where you need to be faster.
- Why am I still on my plane? Read our blog post to figure out why you’re still on the tarmac during our peak periods.
- Have any questions, comments or concerns about your experience at SEA? Contact our customer service team.
- Use Aira for visual assistance navigating SEA, read about how it works on our blog.
- SEA offers sunflower lanyards for passengers with hidden disabilities.
- Find wheelchair assistance and contact information as well as parking and other transportation accommodations.
- SEA added additional wheelchair transportation options for taxi and rideshare to make your trip more accessible.