To help prepare your child for their trip, consider reviewing this SEA Social Story and Resource Guide. In a storybook format, the steps within the airport travel experience are detailed along with recent SEA photos. It was designed for travelers with autism, though may be helpful for young children too. View the Parents Traveling with Children flyer to learn more about pre-travel preparation, activities for families at the airport, and what you can do on the airplane. See our Travel Guidance for Minors page for more information on what you need for identification, escorting, and other policies for unaccompanied minors.
- Reduce the Stress for Kids: Let’s face it, checkpoints seem like busy and noisy places to children (and some adults too) and the prime place for a potential meltdown. By knowing the procedures and taking a few tips. If your child is old enough to understand, talk to them and let them know what to expect. Explain what the checkpoint is for and what they’re going to have to do. For some children, getting an idea of what the security checkpoint helps to reduce stress and apprehension.
- Read more tips on traveling with children from TSA! For specific information regarding the screening procedures of children, as well as regulations on accessibility and liquid restrictions, please visit the TSA website, here.
- Two new vending machines by Lightly are available and stocked with essential, premium products for parents like wipes, diapers, snacks, non-toxic hand sanitizer, and pacifiers. Find the machines by Gate N19 and the beginning Concourse B.
- Baby Foodie features essential baby products on the go for families traveling with young children. Parents can now purchase emergency supplies for their babies like diapers, wipes, pacifiers, milk, formula, snacks, hand sanitizer & much more. Baby Foodie Vending Machine is located at the North Satellite across from gate N19.
- Changing Tables are located in the family restrooms and most of the other restrooms throughout the terminal. You can find the nearest restrooms on our interactive map!
- You can pick up diapers, medicine, and other items at one of the many Hudson stores. Clothing and other fun souvenirs are available throughout the airport. Check our shops for more info. Car seat and stroller rentals Car seats, strollers, and wheelchairs are available for rental at Baggage Service by SmartCarte.
- There are nursing suites throughout the terminal for traveling mothers. Find them in the flySEA App.
Activities for Families at the Airport
Children's Play Area
- Keep the little ones entertained and taken care of while awaiting your flight. Check out the Children's Play Area across from the Delta Sky Lounge between the Central Terminal and A gates. You'll find a new carpet and a room full of brightly-colored activities for kids to get the wiggles out. Please make sure you remove your shoes before playing, the Children's Play Area is recommended for children under four feet tall and 100 pounds. No food, drinks or pets in the play area, please!
- Live performers play music in a range of locations throughout the airport, as part of the Experience the City of Music program. Enjoy blues, pop, and folk all from local, Pacific Northwest artists. Check the schedule for details. Actual performance times may vary and are subject to change.
- Over 100 works of art are on display throughout the airport. Work off some energy with a guided tour of SEA Airport’s art collection using the iPhone and Android STQRY app. Search by concourse or terminal or look up individual pieces from the contemporary collection of glass, sculpture, photography, painting, and sound. The app can also be used at other local museums and historical sites. Download the STQRY app now.
- Wireless internet access (Wi-Fi) is available in all public areas of the airport and is free of charge. The Wi-Fi access points use the SSID “SEA-FREE-WIFI". Once you connect to “SEA-FREE-WIFI” you will be asked to accept terms and conditions for use, and occasionally view a brief ad before accessing the internet.
Kid Friendly Dining
- Many of the restaurants in SEA has kid's menus and provide healthy options. In response to COVID-19, most dining and retail options are open but operating at a reduced service. Others that were dine-in only options have closed, see the latest information of what's available.
Agents of Discovery App
- Download the free Agents of Discovery app and search the names of the Missions while you're at SEA Airport! Each Mission is a series of interactive challenges to learn and explore. If you’re logged in and play more Missions, you’ll be entered to win more cool prizes!