Traffic Impacted Around the Airport
Do not park on the shoulders of the Airport Expressway, it is illegal and dangerous. If you need temporary and free parking, use the Cell Phone Lot which is a better and safer spot to wait. The airport drives may be congested at peak times in the mornings for passenger drop off and evenings for passenger pick up. Please try and use the opposite drive at these times to balance the loads and avoid traffic.
- You can get a current look at airport roadways by checking out the airport drive cameras!
Below are known impacts to traffic that will affect travel around Port-owned Properties that may impact travelers due to congestion or roadway construction. All information is provided by Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT).
- AVOID TRAFFIC - Take other modes of public transportation if possible such as Sound Transit's Link Light Rail. Read more traveler updates and tips on traveling to the airport.
- Sound Transit Service Alerts - Sound Transit offers a subscription for email and text for alerts. See the Service Alerts to see if the Sounder, Link Light Rail or ST Express bus routes are affected.
- Know before you go - Travelers can get real-time traffic information on their phone with the WSDOT mobile app, tracking the WSDOT Traffic Twitter feed and advanced information from the King County construction page. You can get a real-time look at the airport roadways by checking out the airport drive cameras. See other construction updates from the City of SeaTac.
Helpful Links from WSDOT
- Revive I-5 Project
- Realign 99
- WSDOT's Website for Seattle Traffic
- WSDOT Mobile App
- WSDOT Twitter for Traffic