The Highline Forum provides Southwest King County municipalities, educational governing bodies, and the Port of Seattle with the opportunity to share information, interact with outside speakers and other governmental organizations, and work in partnership on initiatives that benefit the residents of Southwest King County.
One elected representative and one senior administrator from the following jurisdictions or institutions make up the membership of the Highline Forum:
- City of Burien – Deputy Mayor Kevin Schilling and City Manager Adolfo Bailon
- City of Des Moines – Mayor Matt Mahoney and City Manager Michael Matthias
- City of Federal Way – Mayor Jim Farrell and Councilmember Lydia Assefa-Dawson
- City of Normandy Park – Councilmember Eric Zimmerman and City Manager Amy Arrington
- City of SeaTac – Deputy Mayor Senayet Negusse and City Manager Carl Cole
- City of Tukwila – Councilmember Kathy Hougardy and Policy Analyst Laurel Humphrey
- Highline College – VP for Institutional Advancement Josh Gerstman and External Relations Shakira Ericksen
- Port of Seattle – Commissioner Fred Felleman and Aviation Managing Director Lance Lyttle
An elected representative from the Port of Seattle (Commissioner Fred Felleman) and a jurisdiction or institution co-chair (Des Moines Mayor Matt Mahoney) moderate the meetings.
Sign up to receive Highline Forum updates by email, including meeting agendas and summaries.
2023 Meeting Schedule and Dates
The Forum meets six times a year. Meetings are typically held on the fourth Wednesday of January, March, May, July, September, and November from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Meetings are hybrid: we meet in person, or you may attend virtually on MS Teams. To attend the Teams meeting, please email Dave Kaplan and put “Highline Forum RSVP” in the subject line. He will provide you with the link to the meeting as the date draws closer.
|Please email Dave Kaplan and put Highline Forum RSVP in the subject line. Dave will email you the link to the Microsoft Teams meeting. This practice will apply until further notice.|
|Wednesday||July 26, 2023||2:30 – 4:30 p.m|
|Wednesday||Sept. 27, 2023||2:30 – 4:30 p.m||Des Moines Police Department meeting room|
|Wednesday||Nov. 22, 2023||2:30 – 4:30 p.m||City of SeaTac, City Hall|
Note regarding public comment
Those who wish to provide public comment will have the opportunity to:
- Deliver public comment via email: All written comments received by email to Kaplan.D@PortSeattle.org will be distributed to Forum members.
- Deliver public comment via Microsoft Teams: To take advantage of this option, please email Kaplan.D@PortSeattle.org with your name and the topic you wish to speak to by 9:00 a.m. PT on the Wednesday of the meeting. You will then be provided with a link to join the Teams meeting.
This process will be in place until further notice.
2023 Meeting Materials
Wednesday, September 27, 2023
(Hybrid: Des Moines Police Department meeting room and via MS Teams)
- Meeting Agenda: Highline Forum September 27, 2023 Meeting
Wednesday, July 26, 2023
(Hybrid: HIghline High School, Room 2006, and via MS Teams)
- Meeting Agenda: Highline Forum July 26, 2023 Meeting
- Meeting Presentation: Highline School District Host Presentation
- Meeting Presentation: Port Workforce Development Presentation
- Meeting Presentation: Highline College Global Trade & Supply Chain Workforce Development Presentation
- Meeting Presentation: ANEW Workforce Development Presentation
- Meeting Presentation: City of Burien Workforce Development Presentation
Wednesday, May 24, 2023
(Hybrid: Highline College, Building 2 and via MS Teams)
- Meeting Agenda – REVISED: Highline Forum May 24, 2023 Meeting
- Meeting Presentation: Highline College Update
- Meeting Presentation: 2022 StART Annual Report
- Meeting Handout: 2023 StART Washington, DC Fly-In – FAA Reauthorization Policy Priorities
Wednesday, March 22, 2023
(Hybrid: The Conference Center at SEA, Room 5D and via MS TEAMS)
Select to view directions to the meeting location.
- Meeting Agenda: Highline Forum March 22, 2023 Meeting
- Meeting Presentation: Port of Seattle Update
- Meeting Presentation: BEST Alliance Anti-Human Trafficking presentation
Wednesday, January 25, 2023
(Hybrid: Federal Way City Hall and via MS TEAMS)
Select to view a map of the meeting location.
- Meeting Agenda: Highline Forum January 25, 2023 Meeting
- Meeting Presentation: City of Federal Way Update
- Meeting Presentation: 2023 State Legislative Agendas
- Supplemental Materials: Combined 2023 State Legislative Priorities (Burien, Des Moines, Federal Way, Highline College, Highline School District, Normandy Park, SeaTac, Tukwila, Port of Seattle
Please visit the Highline Forum Meeting Materials Archive for documents published in 2022 or earlier.