The Highline Forum provides Southwest King County municipalities, educational governing bodies, and the Port of Seattle with the opportunity to share information, interact with outside speakers and other governmental organizations, and work in partnership on initiatives that benefit the residents of Southwest King County.
One elected representative and one senior administrator from the following jurisdictions or institutions make up the membership on the Highline Forum:
- City of Burien – Deputy Mayor Kevin Schilling and Interim City Manager Carolyn Hope
- City of Des Moines – Mayor Matt Mahoney and City Manager Michael Matthias
- City of Federal Way – Mayor Jim Farrell and Councilmember Lydia Assefa-Dawson
- City of Normandy Park – Councilmember Michelle Sipes-Marvin and City Manager Amy Arrington
- City of SeaTac – Councilmember Peter Kwon and City Manager Carl Cole
- City of Tukwila – Councilmember Kathy Hougardy and Policy Analyst Laurel Humphrey
- Highline College – VP for Institutional Advancement Josh Gerstman and External Relations Shakira Ericksen
- Port of Seattle – Commissioner Toshiko Hasegawa and Aviation Managing Director Lance Lyttle
An elected representative from the Port of Seattle and a jurisdiction or institution co-chair moderate the meetings.
Sign up to receive Highline Forum updates by email, including meeting agendas and summaries.
2023 Meeting Schedule and Dates
The Forum meets six times a year. Meetings are typically held on the fourth Wednesday of January, March, May, July, September, and November from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Meetings are hybrid: we meet in person or you may attend virtually on MS Teams. To attend the Teams meeting, please email Dave Kaplan and put “Highline Forum RSVP” in the subject line. He will provide you the link to the meeting as the date draws closer.
|Please email Dave Kaplan and put Highline Forum RSVP in the subject line. Dave will email you the link to the Microsoft Teams meeting. This practice will apply until further notice.|
|Wednesday||Jan.||2:30 – 4:30 p.m|
|Wednesday||March||2:30 – 4:30 p.m|
|Wednesday||May||2:30 – 4:30 p.m|
|Wednesday||July||2:30 – 4:30 p.m|
|Wednesday||Sept.||2:30 – 4:30 p.m|
|Wednesday||Nov.||2:30 – 4:30 p.m|
Note regarding public comment
Those who wish to provide public comment will have the opportunity to:
- Deliver public comment via email: All written comments received by email to Kaplan.D@PortSeattle.org will be distributed to Forum members.
- Deliver public comment via Microsoft Teams: To take advantage of this option, please email Kaplan.D@PortSeattle.org with your name and the topic you wish to speak to by 9:00 a.m. PT on the Wednesday of the meeting. You will then be provided with a link to join the Teams meeting.
This process will be in place until further notice.
2022 Meeting Materials
Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2022 (Hybrid: City of SeaTac, City Hall and via MS TEAMS)
Select to view a map of the meeting location
- Meeting Agenda: Highline Forum Nov. 16, 2022
- Meeting Presentation: City of SeaTac Update
- Meeting Presentation: WSDOT SR 509 Update
- Meeting Presentation: Sound Transit Update
Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2022 (Hybrid: Highline School District ERAC – Board Room and via MS TEAMS)
- Meeting Agenda: Highline Forum Sept. 28, 2022
- Meeting Presentation: Highline School District Update
- Meeting Presentation: South King County Community Impact Fund Update
- Meeting Presentation: SEA Noise Program Update
Wednesday, July 27, 2022 (Hybrid: Highline College–Building 8 and via MS TEAMS)
- Meeting Final REVISED Agenda: Highline Forum July 27, 2022 (Updated Tue., July 26)
- Meeting Prersentation: Highline College Update
- View YouTube of Jasen Meyers, Highline Alumni, Bachelor’s in Applied Science, Business and Global Trade and participant in Short Term Study Abroad in Vietnam
- View YouTube of Highline College celebrating 60 Years: hear from a variety of faculty, retired faculty, students, staff and community members
- Meeting Presentation: Port Workforce Development
- Meeting Presentation: Highline College Global Trade & Supply Chain Workforce Development
- Meeting Presentation: Highline School District Career & Technical Education Workforce Development
- Meeting Presentation: City of Burien Workforce Development presentation
Wednesday, May 25, 2022 (Hybrid: Federal Way City Hall and via MS TEAMS)
- Meeting Agenda: Highline Forum May 25, 2022
- Meeting Presentation: City of Federal Way Update
- Meeting Presentation: Port Economic Development Grants and Tourism
- Meeting Presentation: Port EDP Grants — Tukwila
- Meeting Presentation: Port EDP Grants — SeaTac
- Meeting Presentation: Port EDP Grants — Des Moines
- Meeting Presentation: Port EDP Grants — Burien
- Meeting Presentation: Burien Tourism Promotion — “A Burien Kind of Day” | Powered by Box
- Public Comment Submitted by Email: Lund
Wednesday, March 23, 2022 (MS Teams Meeting)
- Meeting Agenda: Highline Forum March 23, 2022
- Meeting Presentation: City of Des Moines Update
- Meeting Presentation: 2021 StART Annual Report presentation
- Supplemental StART Info: 2021 StART Annual Report
- Supplemental StART Info: StART Aviation Working Group workplan
- Supplemental StART Info: StART Federal Policy Working Group workplan
Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2022 (MS Teams Meeting)
- Meeting Agenda: Highline Forum January 26, 2022
- Meeting Presentation: City of Tukwila Update
- Meeting Presentation: International Arrivals Facility (IAF) Opening Preview
- Meeting Presentation: Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) Briefing – Port and Community provisions
- Meeting Handout: IIJA/BIL Infrastructure Fact Sheet for local funding
Please visit the Highline Forum Meeting Materials Archive for documents published in 2021 or earlier.